What is the About Our Core page?
When you are logged in to your account, the left-most tab of a core’s iLab site provides general information about that facility. This tab is typically labeled About Our Core, though this label may vary on some sites. Each core and institution determines what content they wish to include on their About page, so exact layout and information will vary to reflect relevant information for a particular core.
Example information that a core may provide on their About page*:
- a general facility overview; usage rules or requirements
- location, hours of service
- links to relevant websites or other resources
- Contacts section for details of how to contact the core staff regarding any scheduling, service or billing-related questions
- map of facility location
- news or facility announcements
- other content, as determined by the core
*Exact content on each core’s site will vary.
About Our Core information is viewable on a core's iLab landing page prior to log in
If you are not yet logged in to iLab, you can still view a core's general About Our Core information on the core's iLab landing page. You need an exact URL to navigate to a core's landing page. Log-in and Sign-up buttons are provided on a core's landing page. This page is a core-specific web page from which you can log in to the system. You are required to log in to your iLab account to submit a request or schedule equipment use. After logging in from a core's landing page, you will remain on their site within iLab so you can continue learning about their services, rather than starting on your account homepage.
Was this article helpful?