How do I create an event report?
Event reports allows you to view how many hours your lab members are reserving specific resources within specific cores, understand how much is being spent on equipment usage, and view information about future reservations.
Step 1: Click on the Charges sub-tab. (Figure 1)
You now see four options:
Step 2: Choose report option.
Select Date Range: You may define your date parameters. In this case, the date is defined as the current month (November).
Select Date field: Define which date should be used to define the date range. You may choose Purchase Date, Completion Date, or Billing Date. In this case, Purchase Date was used.
Customize Display: You may designate precisely what kinds of charts and graphs display in your report. In this case, the default report has many different graphs and charts. (Figure 3)
- Chart type: You may select pie graph, bar graph, line graph, data table,
- Grouped by: You may group by equipment name, event type, customer, lab, study, center, price type, department, and institution.
- Value to report on: You may select actual time, number of events, scheduled time, actual vs scheduled time, actual vs scheduled cost, percent scheduled time, and actual cost.
- Display data by: You may select week, month, quarter, and day of week.
- Also group by: You may choose an additional grouping by equipment name, event type, customer, lab, center, price type, department, and institution.
- No charge as $0?: Indicate whether you wish to display a no-charge as $0. (Y/N)
- Convert pie to bar if any values are negative? Because a pie chart cannot display a negative value, indicate whether you wish to convert to a pie chart in the event of a negative value. (Y/N)
Apply Settings: Once you have defined 1-3 above, click Apply Settings to display your new report.
You may also apply filters to further refine your report. (Figure 4)
Actions you may take on the report
Once your default report has loaded, you may take several actions:
Save: You may save your report for later access. (Figure 5)
- Share: You may choose to share the report with other members of the core. (Figure 6)
- Email: You may send the reports through email. (Figure 7)
- Export: You may export the report as a .pdf, a .csv, or an .xls (Figure 8)
- Print Preview: When you click on Print Preview, a new window will open, displaying exactly what your report will look like printed.
You may choose to load a report that has already been saved. To do so, click on the Load Saved button. (Figure 9)
Simply select your report, then click Load.
You may build a new report by clicking the Build New button. (Figure 10)
From here, follow the directions outlined in Load Default section above.
When you click on the Reporting Home button, you will receive a warning message about saving your work. (Figure 11)
Click the OK box and you will be returned to the Reporting home page. (Figure 12)
Was this article helpful?