What are the links on the left side and upper-right side of the menu?
When you log into iLab, your left side menu and upper-right menu will display many helpful links to help you navigate through the system. These menus will allow you to quickly view invoices, cores, labs, and requests, and offer quick access to your profile and administrative actions. These links will remain visible on most pages in iLab. (Figure 1) If your lab also utilizes the iLab Requisitioning system, you will see menu options on the left side of the page for requisitioning.
Figure 1.1 Home:
The home button on the top left side of the page (Figure 1.1) will take you to your homepage and homepage panels.
- Communications: View messages sent through the iLab system.
Figure 1.2 Core Facilities
Under core facilities (Figure 1.2) you may see:
My cores: View a list of all your cores for which you have administrative privileges. Click on the core name to access the core.
view requests: View requests of services or projects that have been submitted by member of your lab if you are a Lab Head or Lab Manager.
list all cores: View a list of cores that you can access through the iLab application.
- Invoices: View a list of invoices for which you have responsibility.
Figure 1.3 Reporting
Click this link to access the Reporting functionality in iLab.
Figure 1.4 Manage groups
Under manage groups (Figure 1.4), you will see:
my labs: View details about your lab and lab members. If you are a Principal Investigator or Lab Manager please review PI + Financial Admin Training for more details about managing your lab in iLab.
My cores: View a list of the cores to which you have administrative privileges. Click on the core to go to the core’s homepage.
people search: Search for institution members and users that work with your core using this search tool. The search will only pull up users with an iLab account that have a relationship to your account.
- Purchase Orders: View a list of all the purchase orders for which you have access if this option is available through your institution.
system upgrades: Provides links for you to view recent updates.
HELP: Submit a question or issue to iLab Support.
- If you contact us through HELP, you will be sending a message to the iLab support team and will receive the most comprehensive support. This will also enable you to track your support tickets. You can view the support tickets you have sent by clicking on my tickets link. (Figure 2)
- my profile: Manage your account. You may update your name, log-in information, password, and manage how you want to receive some system-generated messages.
- Logout: Logout of your account.
Figure 1.6 Search cores and services
If you are a user of cores, you can use this search bar to find services and resources in iLab for core facilities at your institution. If you also use our lab materials requisitioning system, you can also search for products.
Was this article helpful?